just a small town girl,
living in an ESPN-obsessed world

i've always gotten along better with guys,
but living with them is a whole new challenge.


it's ESPN, beer, and guy talk 24-7.


i'm just trying to hold onto my Gossip Girl, lip gloss, and heels.

November 24, 2009

Celebrity Gossip Incites a Riot

Do you see a pattern forming here?

I managed to piss off Stephan again. I may have done it just to get a rise out of him, but I refuse to admit to anything outright.

I was updating the guys on the latest in celebrity gossip. I know they couldn't care less, but I listen to their sports rambling all the time. I figure it's only fair that they listen to the things that interest me.

After my 5th celebrity update, Stephen lost it and asked me if I really care about all of this stuff.

I replied simply by saying that I do, in fact, care about celebrities. I find them entertaining and a nice escape from my own life.

Stephen got angry and said that it's all stupid because they contribute nothing to society.

I promptly replied with what I thought was a very valid question. "What do football players contribute to society?"

This was met with sputtered indignation and an outraged claim that football has nothing to do with this.

We ended up laughing about the situation and agreeing to disagree. Treven kept out of it for the most part, preferring rather to laugh at our ridiculous banter than get thrown into the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment